Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Lies

I've been thinking about lies. How we live in a culture of lies. There are whole industries built around lies. Lies, deceit, gossip, slander, plunder the landscape and worst of all it pays and is rewarded.

I'm upset today, because another newsmaker fell today. The coach of the University of Louisville Basketball program admitted to having an affair with a woman while drunk and paying for her abortion when she got pregnant. It gets worse..both married at the time with families. This was the equipment managers wife who worked with Pitino. He denied the allegations for months when the woman sued him and now confessed yesterday. Lately, this horror keeps repeating itself. None of us are immune from this...but we have to be aware of our own weaknesses and propensities.

I am committed to truth and desire to be a truth teller. It is a conviction and practice. Have I ever lied? Yes. Have I ever profitted from a lie? Yes. Repentance is a great lie cleanser, and humiliation is even better. 

Commitment to the truth and practicing truth telling is good medicine for the soul. I like waking up in the mornings and knowing who is looking back. I desire with all my heart to be a truth teller.

I want to have an accurate estimation of myself and not a lie of who I think I am. I don't want to be guilty of deluding myself and others. There is enough illusion and delusion in the world.

My thought for the day.

Earnie

No comments:

Post a Comment