Wednesday, August 5, 2009

 I  heard today that Dr. Rand Paul will be running for the Republican  Senate seat from Kentucky.  This seat will be vacated since Jim Bunning our current (R) Senator will not be running.  Rand Paul is the son of Ron Paul, the former Presidential candidate in the 2008 election.  I look forward to hearing what he has to say.

If you are like me,  You don't care about the Republican or Democratic brand of politics.  I believe most people want good governance and people who put the nation first.  Americans are weary of professional politicians, interest groups, lobbyists, etc.  It goes against the ideals of our nation.
I believe in TERM LIMITS for all elected officials;  then they should return home to their respective careers and get to work.  It is an honor to be elected, not an entitlement.

Let me hear from you regarding term limits.  What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I agree completely- but you know that. Term limits would stop some of the cronyism that is possible with so many representatives staying there so long. Life inside the beltway makes for strange bedfellows...
    Anthony in Kentucky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes for term limits. Jokingly, I would say for two years. Practically, I'd say 12 years at the maximum. Maybe even just eight. What does Earnie think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Earnie thinks eight years is enough. A decade is a long time to achieve something worthy or create a problem(S). Yeah, 8 is my number!

    ReplyDelete